6 Tips to Make Your Blog Awesome
Here are six tips that will make your blog stand out from the crowd. There are currently over 152 million blogs on the internet now and the number grows every day. If you want yours to be noticed among that lot, you’re going to need every one of these quick tips to make your blog awesome.
Six Tips for an Awesome Blog
- Provide “share this” or “shareaholic” buttons so readers can share your post with their friends. Remember you’re not in this alone, your reader is more important than you.
- Use short sentences. Where relevant, use bullet points. Long, complicated sentences may make you feel high-brow, but for the reader it can simply make your arguments hard to follow.
- Learn to love images: break up large blocks of text with relevant photography or diagrams. Try not to go overboard though. Remember that your words are your medium. Unless you run a photoblog, in which case, ignore this point completely.
- Give your readers a chance to comment on your posts. This makes them part of the dialogue. After all, they are the most important part of it, aren’t they?
- Provide readers with a textured experience. One way to do this is with clear sub-headings. Another is to use your own authentic voice (don’t try to imitate another writer). Developing your own writing voice takes time, persistence, and practice, but the payback is that it conveys authenticity.
- Be a story teller. A strong narrative structure can make your blog posts both memorable and easy to read. Make a separate point in each paragraph and use subheadings to reflect the structure of your story. Have a beginning, middle and end. Share anecdotes. Also, check out this video of Gary Vaynerchuk talking about storytelling.
The Next Step
If you follow these tips, there’s no doubt your blog could indeed become awesome. Of course, this is assuming that you are getting the basics right too: writing compelling content that gives your readers great value. You should do that each time you write. And once you’ve written it, you absolutely must share it.
Need help with your blogging?
If you need help improving your blog-writing skills, contact Ash for a no-strings chat. Or you could continue without a plan or results.